Refurbished AirPort Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sportster, Feb 23, 2011.

1. sportster macrumors 6502

I've beeb looking at the refurbished AE from Apple. Think I may be getting ready to order one. I have noticed that they seem to always have them listed up for $129 refurbished, compared to $179 new. That's nearly a 30% discount, it seems that most other refurbs are only discounted 10-15%. It says it's the current generation (released Oct 2009). Has there been any other updates or changes? When I add it to my cart it is listed as part number: FC340LL/A Does the "FC" just mean it is a refurb?

Also, does anyone have any experience setting one up with AT&T's U-verse gateway? I've done some research on the gateway they use, doesn't seem to hard. Plug the router into a port, then turn DMZ+ on for that port.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

No idea about UVerse, but I bought 2 of the AE refurbs at Christmas. One for me and another for my business partner.

Both are working perfectly and looked brand new. Since they come with full warranty, it's a no brainer....go refurb.

-Kevin

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Google Uverse and Mac and/or Apple Airport Extreme. You'll find lots of step by step sites etc and some instructions to add specific DNS servers if you are getting time outs. I set it up on Uverse and have had no issues whatsoever.

4. sportster thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I just ordered it. The confirmation email said it was part number FC340LL/A, that's different from what's listed with a new one. I'm sure it's going to be the newest upto date version, it says its the current generation. I hope it makes it here by the weekend!

5. sportster thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you setup your Airport Extreme in bridge mode and let the gateway handle the routing? Or did you put the lan port in DMZ mode and do let the Airport do everything?

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Former; much easier IMHO