Refurbished Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigdaddymac, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bigdaddymac macrumors regular

There's a 20 inch flat panel refurb monitor on sale on apple.com for $499, compared to the new price of $1299. Most of the refurb stuff for sale doesn't have a discount that's anywhere near deep. I'm tempted to buy it, but, is there something really wrong with Apple refurb monitors? I know you always take a chance buying refurb, but if there's some problem that's a given with these (dead pixels, etc.), that others are aware of, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for any advice.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Is the $1299 price the price when they released the monitor???

Because you can get a new 20 inch Cinema Display for $599 from the Apple Store:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=10F1701B&nclm=AppleDisplays

Other than that....no idea on refurb monitors from Apple...never bought one. I have a new 23 inch ACD and it's beautiful!

-Kevin

3. bigdaddymac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! On the refurb page, they have listed the "original price" as $1299! Will probably pick up the new one.

4. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

yea i'm thinking of getting the middle size one, but am worried they will update soon.

5. djkny macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's because the Apple LCD is 2-3 years old. I wouldn't let that $1299 tag fool you. these are seriously in need of an update.

If you drop $499 on a refurb, you're already overpaying by $100-$150. Apple likes to call that kind of "devotee" a "sucker."

6. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

I really like the current displays, so much so that I recently bought a 30''. No one knows when the updates are going to be, get it now if you need it.