Refurbished at the Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by goodtimes5, Sep 19, 2007.

1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Do Apple Stores carry any refurbished items? Or are they only sold online?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

As far as I know online only

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Retail stores will sometimes offer "refreshed" items. For instance, if an iPod came in as faulty and the Geniuses didn't want to bother and just swapped it out, then realized later on that a factory/ system restore solved the issues, then that will be re-boxed and marked as "refreshed" or "open-box." It'll be cheaper and still warranted from date of purchase.

But you can bet that the receipt will be that much more important. ;)

Note: These items aren't out for anyone to see, so you'd have to go and specifically ask an employee if they have any such products.

4. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

But that would mean that you would almost always get a scratched or not so nice piece?

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Not necessarily. Like devilot said, the product could have failed to work for the original customer, and then upon further inspection, Apple might have found out it was only a minor problem. The standards for putting a refreshed product out to pasture are probably the same as those used to sell refurbished Macs/iPods/iPhones/:apple:TVs (that list keeps getting longer:p).

6. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

and what ever parts are left over might actually be used to upgrade vintage systems!......ahhhhhhhh no wonder I was told that my G4 had no problems getting upgraded! Mira vos! now try getting that type of care from a PC company!!!!

:apple:

7. alljunks macrumors regular