refurbished boxes

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
271
0
Do refurbished apple products come in the original box or just a boreing brown box ewwwwwwww.
 

rfoap

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2005
40
0
zane said:
Do refurbished apple products come in the original box or just a boreing brown box ewwwwwwww.
A refurb iMac G5 I bought one time came in a brown box ... my guess is that they all do!
 

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
10,807
79
Brown box and i dont get why people are eew about it. You're buying the product not the box....well my view anyways
 

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
271
0
daneoni said:
Brown box and i dont get why people are eew about it. You're buying the product not the box....well my view anyways

yeah but the boxes are very pretty and increase resale value.
 

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
826
0
Vancouver
They only increase the "resale" value by about 20 dollars, pounds whatever. It's not that important. Besides. Be clever and state "original packaging". Ooh, I should be a politician.
Truth is, buy for now, don't sweat the resale crap. Seriously. If you smoke, smoke in your house. Enjoy the damn thing and worry about that bridge when you cross it.
x
 

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
271
0
tjcampbell said:
They only increase the "resale" value by about 20 dollars, pounds whatever. It's not that important. Besides. Be clever and state "original packaging". Ooh, I should be a politician.
Truth is, buy for now, don't sweat the resale crap. Seriously. If you smoke, smoke in your house. Enjoy the damn thing and worry about that bridge when you cross it.
x
i dont care that much about resale i just like apple boxes sheesh.
 

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,395
2
Moorestown, NJ
My iPod came in a brown box, i didn't know that Apple ships original packaging sometimes, but I think that is a rarity. The large majority of boxes are just plain brown.
 

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
1,348
441
I saved over $400 on my PowerBook with a refurb. Needless to say, I didn't care about the brown box!
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.