refurbished boxes

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Do refurbished apple products come in the original box or just a boreing brown box ewwwwwwww.

rfoap

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2005
zane said:
Do refurbished apple products come in the original box or just a boreing brown box ewwwwwwww.
A refurb iMac G5 I bought one time came in a brown box ... my guess is that they all do!

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Brown box and i dont get why people are eew about it. You're buying the product not the box....well my view anyways

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
daneoni said:
Brown box and i dont get why people are eew about it. You're buying the product not the box....well my view anyways

yeah but the boxes are very pretty and increase resale value.

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
They only increase the "resale" value by about 20 dollars, pounds whatever. It's not that important. Besides. Be clever and state "original packaging". Ooh, I should be a politician.
Truth is, buy for now, don't sweat the resale crap. Seriously. If you smoke, smoke in your house. Enjoy the damn thing and worry about that bridge when you cross it.
x

zane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
tjcampbell said:
They only increase the "resale" value by about 20 dollars, pounds whatever. It's not that important. Besides. Be clever and state "original packaging". Ooh, I should be a politician.
Truth is, buy for now, don't sweat the resale crap. Seriously. If you smoke, smoke in your house. Enjoy the damn thing and worry about that bridge when you cross it.
x
i dont care that much about resale i just like apple boxes sheesh.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
My iPod came in a brown box, i didn't know that Apple ships original packaging sometimes, but I think that is a rarity. The large majority of boxes are just plain brown.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
I saved over $400 on my PowerBook with a refurb. Needless to say, I didn't care about the brown box!