Refurbished displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gglockner, Aug 9, 2012.

1. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

2. Camaro6700 macrumors member

I saw this yesterday. It sure is tempting, but I am trying to hold out to see if they announce a new model in the next couple months. I hope the price drop is a sign that there will be a new release.

3. macman312 macrumors 6502

Hey has anyone bought one?

Also what are apple refurbished products like? I am thinking of ordering one

4. Bufordt macrumors member

Got mine in yesterday! Looks and works great!

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Was yours blemish fee? They warn that a refurbed unit may show some signs of wear.

I may have to order a pair for the holidays....already purchased apple care for displays as a stocking stuffer. It is tough to wait on the next generation.

6. buffalo macrumors 65816

I ordered a refurb in September. Looked perfect!

7. dmw16 macrumors regular

What are the expected updates that would cause people to wait? Aside from probably being thinner? I mean, $829 seems like a great deal.

As for the refurb, I haven't bought one recently, but I did buy a refurb one a few years back and it was perfect.

8. macman312 macrumors 6502

I think it'll be new iMac thinness or thinner because it doesn't have all the components

but I doubt it'll be here till maybe next year with new mac pros?

9. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

For me it is either $829 + $58 state sale tax = $887 for refurbed

or

$929.95 got a new one at B&H with no tax or shipping. So the delta between refurbed and new is around $42 for me. For that delta, I would go new as one would go to my wife under the Christmas tree.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/812533-REG/Apple_MC914LL_A_27_THUNDERBOLT_IPS_LED.html

I was reading a rumor on another site that suggested the new iMacs will be delayed until 2013 due to problems making those fancy welded edges. If so, any new ATD introduction would also slide. So for me the question is ....a new 1st genration now.....or......new second generation sometime next year (hopefully). I may just have to go first generation. When I upgrade my rMBP in 3 years, I can upgrade the ATD to second...or 3rd? generation.

10. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I think that if we do see a refresh the main things will be adding USB3 and a external design change. I dont see an actual spec change as far as resolution goes. So I say got for this first gen unless you really need USB3.

11. Bufordt macrumors member

As far as I can tell. Looks just like a brand new monitor! I also bought a Mac Pro refurbished and it looked just like brand new also!

12. rpg51 macrumors 6502

rpg51

I have a TBD, 2 MBAs and an iMac 21.5 - all refurbs. All perfect except the iMac had a tiny screen flicker which is being repaired at local Apple shop now. they all look and function like new. The TBD is a great monitor. I love it.

13. dmw16 macrumors regular

When you break it down that way I'd agree. Especially for a gift I'd rather have a nice shiny retail box. I'd have to save a good bit to present my wife a refurb box for Christmas. :cool: