Refurbished: I want matte screen? Help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hoangcong, Jun 14, 2008.

1. hoangcong macrumors member

Hey, I am about to buy a 2.5 mbp and I will take it refurbished because I dont want to bang my head if a new mbp line come out while i just bought it brand new :D

The problem is that on apple store in refurb section, they say that we will get either glossy or matte screen and I want MATTE

What happens if I get a mbp that has a glossy screen?
    Would I be able to return it, or even better would I be able to ask for a matte one before it is being shipped?

2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

If your buying a refurb from the Apple Store, why not call them first for the matt or glossy screen? Then place your order.

There is nothing wrong with glossy screen......

3. hoangcong thread starter macrumors member

Oh thanks for the info,
    I am really into photography and I heard that glossy is so so for correct colors :confused:

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

as per the other hundreds of threads on glossy/matte its all personal preference. if you want a Matte, perhaps ordering by phone will work better for you as you might be able to guarantee one, or at least try to with more assurance.

5. ben.mcmahan macrumors member

in the refurb store - they clearly mark one as glossy, the other is the standard (or matte) display.

regular/matte

glossy

if you're worried you could call to be sure - but i think that its pretty specific...

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Unless it specifically says glossy, it's matte. Simple as that.

7. hoangcong thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I forgot to specify: I am from australia.
    In their store they say you can get either glossy or matte but not choose.
    I really wish i could buy mac from america :(

Here a brand new 2.5 mbp cost around 3400 usd :apple::apple::apple:

http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wa/RSLID?fnode=home/specialdeals/ipod&nplm=FB134X/A

8. sbf74 macrumors member

Hey mate, I'm an Aussie too.
    I just received exactly what you're looking to order.... 15" refurbished MBP with matte screen. I wasn't too fussed whether I got the matte or glossy though to be perfectly honest.
    I agree with the posters above though..... can't hurt to give the store a call prior to ordering and ask what they have in stock.
    It's an amazing machine!! Enjoy.