Refurbished iMac 27 Duo Core vs others

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Claudiob, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Claudiob macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2010
    So I was about to purchase a refurb 27" 3.06ghz duo core, replacing a our older 20" iMac 2.44 ghz, just when these new ones Core's show up. Is the price difference worth it. let's face it, less than a year ago, these 27" were the best thing next to slice bread, how much of a time saving performance saving will it be for occasional taking work home (some photoshop), but mostly as a home photo, video and surfing around computer. with a price tag of $1449 with 1TB, decent ATI 4670 over the entry $1699 i3 price tag of the new models?

Based on the above, Go for the refurb or spend evan more?
  2. alust2013 macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    For your uses, I'd just go refurb and keep the change. You won't see a huge difference, especially with the i3
  3. iSavant macrumors regular

Mar 31, 2007
    Go for the $1449 Refurb

It will Most Likely be a brand new (unused) leftover.

I bought that exact iMac last Saturday! LoL On Purpose! In full view of an imminent refresh. It's stable, cool runnin' and quiet.

IMHO, JM02, YMMV and all... like that :)
  4. Claudiob thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2010
    Thanks Guys

..for the quick reply. One get tired of chasing always the best, since it never is for very long.

5. Claudiob thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2010
    Timing is everything, Go Apple!

FYI - thanks to your feedbacks, I placed the order in the late evening, with the new slashed prices that took place overnight, to my surprise the order acknowledgement came in about $210 less!

Get them fast before they are gone, which will probably last a day!
  6. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

May 24, 2010
    Is this all that they are expected to last. The twice previous model the 24" and 20" lasted quite a while in refurb i thought?