refurbished iMac question - Which year to get?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrMJS, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MrMJS macrumors member

I thought I'd get a refurbished iMac to get me by until the updated iMacs come out in 2015.. My question is, which year of iMac has the cooling issues fixed? My 09 runs very hot.

2. Truthfulie macrumors regular

3. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

http://store.apple.com/us/product/G0MS5LL/A/refurbished-27-inch-imac-34ghz-quad-core-Intel-Core-i7

This is the one to get if you can afford it.

Edit: I didn't read your post correctly. If you are getting one next year anyways, and will not be happy with this generation, you should probably just wait.

4. MrMJS thread starter macrumors member

I'd be replacing my 09 24" iMac. It's pretty slow for the work I've been doing. If I did get the referb and it worked fine I'd be happy using it for a few years.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Both the late 12 & 13 run cool. Anything before that ran hot.

6. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered a late 2013 refurb with 16GB and a 1TB fusion drive. I was going to get a late 2012 but the price difference was negligible and then while deciding the 2012 model disappeared from the refurb inventory. Since I will be doing bootcamp and gaming the modest boost in graphics was worth it to me and I definitely wanted 16GB. It obviously depends on what you'll be using it for, but get it with everything you want, if you want lots of internal storage then get the 3TB regular or fusion drive, get it will all the RAM you want, its cheaper to get it with maxed out RAM from apple then to buy it yourself, at least for me here in Canada anyway.