iPad Refurbished iPad 3 or iPad mini? Need help choosing my 1st iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Colin0317, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Colin0317 macrumors member

Jan 29, 2009

I want an iPad mostly for gaming, video, apps and web. I currently have an iPhone 5 and a 4s. Which one would you guys recommend? The iPad 3 is very tempting with it's retina display (really love the 4s and 5 screens), but the form factor, build and style seems better on the mini. The iPad 3 refurb is $379 ($50 more than the mini). Which one is a better buy? :confused:
  2. mncmoore macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2008
    Not the iPad mini. It doesn't have the retina which makes it worth I it. Processor is the same though.
  3. AbGilley89 macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2011
    Banner Elk, NC
    I had the same question. I was using a nexus 7 for a while and a lot of things about the mini disappointed me especially the lack of a retina display but when I saw how much the iPad 3 was discounted I could not resist and I am happy with my decision I find it just the right size. It is good for just about anything and being a college student I can just throw it in my bag and I am good to go.
  4. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2012
    I was in the same boat as you, I ended up going with the refurb iPad 3 16GB. It's also my first iPad. Just seems like a no brainer.
  5. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2010
    I would just wait and play with one in a store and see which one you like better. Its hard to weigh all the pros and cons based on others opinions.
  6. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2012
    They only got the black 16GB in stocks now, white sold out.