Refurbished iPad 3's?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by k1lljoy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. k1lljoy macrumors member

So I was planning on a iPod touch 5 as an upgrade from my iTouch 4, as it was all I could afford. The second the iPad mini and 4 was announced I did the happy dance, cuz now the iPad 3 is affordable.

However, they're refurbished...

Refurbished 32gb is like $470.. Is there any reason to avoid refurbished devices? I've never owned a refurbished device, not even entirely sure what goes on in it's refurbishing.. But it's pretty much in new condition right?

Also while I'm at it, if you guys know anywhere that sells them at a similar price..??

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Buy refurb from apple. You get warranty and a device as good as new.

3. ppark macrumors newbie

They replace some parts of their product and give a 1 year warranty on all of their refurbished products.

People are also saying their newly purchased refurbished iPads are shipping from China. This can possibly mean that they are sending new, unsold iPad 3's. Can't say for sure, but it's a possibility in my opinion since it's not being shipped from Cali.

4. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

all of my iPad refurbs have shipped from China

5. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I got one of them, I figured I'd wait on the iPad 4, after $45 off coupon it was a deal I couldn't resist.

Seriously speaking, they are like new, they replace the key components and if there are any problems you have a 1yr warranty or return to an Apple store.

6. k1lljoy thread starter macrumors member

Wow, I thought it didnt have a warranty.. Sweet. I'll grab one for sure, they're a better option than I thought. thanks for the info.

7. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Refurb is the way to go, they give you a new outter shell and a brand new battery. I bought a 16GB. To good of a deal to pass up.

8. k1lljoy thread starter macrumors member

No doubt.. Sweet