iPad Refurbished iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sird28, Mar 27, 2014.

1. sird28 macrumors member

Quick Question,

Does buying a refurbished iPad Air also throw in the iWork Software for free, or since its not a brand new device you still have to buy them?

2. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

iLife and iWork will be free with every NEWLY REGISTERED Apple device which was activated after Sept 1, 2013. So yes, if you buy an iOS device, no matter if "new" or "refurbished" or even "used", as long as you set it up as a NEW device in iTunes you'll receive all the apps.

3. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I'm inclined to agree with the below comment. Though, I have a feeling that, even if you manage to not be able to take advantage of this out-of-the-box, Apple will probably issue you redemption codes for iWork and iLife if you call them and ask about it.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

yes. refurbished products get a new serial number.

5. wjdav2 macrumors newbie

iWork was free on my refubed iPad 4 even though I got it as a replacement for the iPad 4 I dropped (shattered screen). I was pleasantly surprised.

6. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I had a similar experience with a 3rd gen iPad I got as a swap at the Genius Bar. Though the Genius said it was a brand new unit, it came in a brown box and I'm certain it was refurbed. I've since sold it a couple weeks ago and now enjoying a new iPad Air, so it would not have mattered to me now, but, yeah, refurb iPad registration got me the apps for free.

Before getting the swap, iWork and iLife apps would show up in the "Top Free" side in the App Store, but would show a price whenever I selected each app. Talk about irritating. :confused: Sent from my iPad.