Refurbished Ipad availability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jjoyce, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jjoyce macrumors newbie

New to the Ipad world but don't want to jump in the deep end quite yet. I finally settled on purchasing a refurbished 16G iPad and was all excited to go online to order one at the Apple store but was crushed to find that the 16G version isn't in stock. Having no experience with the Apple store I'm wondering if availability on these refurbished items come and go or is it the case of once they're out of stock they're gone?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

With most refurbished items, they do get replenished from time to time. They definitely sell pretty fast. Good idea to just keep checking. Haven't seen anything indicating that they won't get any more ever.

3. jjoyce thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that would be the case but wasn't sure of Apple protocol. I was almost ready to get a Nook and root it into a handy tablet for just $250 ($200 if hadn't missed the recent Ebay deal they had) but when I realized what just a $100 more would get me via a refurbished iPad I couldn't pass it up. (Although the iPad is a little unwieldy compared to the Nook.) I'll keep checking the store.