Refurbished iPads on Apple Site

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geffen, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

I'm debating on getting an iPad I happen to notice on the Apple website theres iPads in their refurbished section for as low as $429 for the 16GB wifi version which is mainly what I would want which would be a savings from paying the $499 price for it new. Has anyone had any issues with refurbished ipads or other products from Apple?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Refurbished Apple products are generally in an as new condition and are indistinguishable from a new product (apart from the lack of the normal Apple retail packaging).

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Normally, I would not recommend refurbished models from most of companies, but apple does a great job with their refurbished units. They are carefully inspected and replaced with new parts and battery.

It comes with full 1 year warranty like new model. You would not get an original box though. Who cares anyway.

Overall, I recommend apple refurbished model and I am planning on getting some refurbished macs in the future.

4. utl768 macrumors 6502

wouldnt buy any refurbished products from apple

bought a nano 4g from them last yr

thing broke a month later wouldnt power on or charge

had it replaced then 2 weeks later the same thing happened

replaced again 4 months later same thing

replaced again 2 months later same thing

replaced and the unit worked until last week when it was replaced again

i know its not an ipad but it speaks to there quality

5. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

a refurb iPod/iPhone is completely different from a refurb Apple computer. I have occasionally seen people on these forums complaining about problems with refurb iPods or iPhones - I do not recall ever reading about a problem with a refurb computer (except for the initial display problems with 27" iMacs which, to be fair, affected new ones as well and did not manifest themselves right away) so don't write off all Apple refurbs as bad. however - not sure which category the iPad would fit into!!