Refurbished iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azariah80, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Azariah80 macrumors member

Well I was going to wait until the release of the iPhone 5, but I checked my upgrade options through AT&T and apparently I can get a refurbished iPhone 4 for around $100. Has anyone had any problems with a refurbished iPhone? I also have another upgrade due in Feb. So I'm thinking this is too good of a deal to pass up. Anyone doing so? Btw, I'm using an iPhone 3G at the moment.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I would wait for the 5. For an extra month or two of waiting it is worth it. You can than use your feb upgrade on something even more awesome.

3. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

All apple refurbs are essentially 100% with the same warranty as a new apple product.

4. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

OP said he checked through AT&T, so the refurb would be an AT&T refurb, not an Apple refurb (though I don't think that Apple has iPhone refurbs). I believe that AT&T refurbs come only with the balance of the original warranty on the phone. Wait for the 5 to come out and get that.

5. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

You are correct. AN Att refurb is not the same as an Apple refurb, which I frequently purchase.