Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihappy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
ihappy is not so happy right now :( please help.

I have unlocked/jailbroken another iphone once before so I have gone through the quickqwn and it worked just fine. However... I bought a refurbished iphone today and tried to unlock/jailbreak it without any luck. Here are the steps I took:

1. Launched quickqwn
2. plug the new iphone into laptop, waited for the blue arrow, clicked it
3. it asked me to select the file from my laptop, I browsed my files and selected the same file I used previously (iphone1,1_2.02)
4. got an error saying the file I selected is incorrect

I'm stuck and can't go further, I searched online to determine the version number and the 4-5 digits are "19", from what I understand this means I have version 1.0.2 but I'm not sure if the refurbished phone gets upgraded to the latest version.

Not sure where to go or what to do from here. Any ideas?

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
You dont give much info for anyone to go off of here. Is it 3G or 2G? What is the current firmware? I'm assuming 3G and from what I've read online, the refurb phones from AT&T have come with different firmwares. I would find out what firmware is on the phone, to a full restore with that firmware and then follow the current, most up to date tutorial you can find.

ihappy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Thx for your reply, I apologize for not supplying with all info. I'm a noob and trying to learn.

After doing more searches I found that I didn't have the latest firmware, so I u pdated to 2.2 and tried quickpwn again... This time it worked!! Woohoooo life is good again, I just got done with the sync. Phew.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.