Refurbished iPhone SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boiee, Dec 7, 2016.

1. boiee macrumors member

I've gone from the iPhone 6s Plus to the SE to the 7 in the past year and a half timeframe. Although I know the 7 is technologically better than the SE, I sometimes find myself missing the 4 inch form factor of the SE and wanting it again as a secondary device; there's something alluring about comfortably using one hand to do all your tasks on your phone. I've even configured my homescreen on my 7 to be as "one-handed-ness" as possible. Haha. (See attached screenshot)

At an entry level price of $399 for the 16 gig model (although we all know the $449 is a no brainer for most people to get the 64 gig model), to me, the SE's price tag is too high to justify having it as a secondary device. However, if Apple sold refurbished iPhone SEs at a discounted price, it probably would be an easier price to swallow and I would take the plunge to get it.

Now that Apple is selling refurbished iPhone 6s and 6s Pluses, what do you think is the likelihood of Apple selling refurbished iPhone SEs in the near future?

Attached Files:

2. pika2000 macrumors 68040

I'm with you in that I'm really wishing for official refurbished iPhone. However, it looks like those refurbished 6S iPhone are previous stock of 16 and 64GB versions since those capacities are replaced with 32 and 128.
    Since the SE didn't get a similar storage upgrade, I don't think we will see them as refurbished. Apple have never done this in the past.