Refurbished Ipod Question.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jay1118, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

Just a quick question....

If you buy a refurbished Ipod in the apple Store.....does the battery charge cycle start at 0?

Is everything just like new? Just wondering

Thanks.

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Everything like new, but, personally, I wouldn't buy one. I just don't like that someone else has had their nasty hands on it before me. A refurb Mac however, is a great option.

3. BayouBengal macrumors regular

But the wording on Apple's store says all iPods have a new outer shell and battery. New enough for me...

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

A refurb does not necessarily mean that it's ever been purchased before. There are a number of reasons why an iPod or computer would be moved to the refurb store, only a handful of those involve them having actually been previously handled by a consumer.

And besides, somebody puts them in the boxes, right? ;)

5. Raider33 macrumors newbie

I got my fiance a 1st gen 8gig refurb awhile back. I was a bit worried that it would look used, or have something that made it seem worse. After asking around a bit I found out that they actually inspect and fix each one individually (or something along those lines...it's been awhile) so I went ahead and ordered. It looked PERFECT....everything about it seemed brand new. Screen and casing were scratch free, and it came with all of the same stuff that a brand new one would have. The only thing that seems like it was different than the new ones was the packaging. Other than that there was no way to tell it wasn't new.

She's had it for at least a year now, and had zero issues with it.

6. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I didn't know they had a new shell. Now my next iPod will be a refurb :).

7. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Yes, its impossible to tell them from new thanks to the fresh cases. You get a refurb when you use applecare, its like getting a brand new ipod.