refurbished ipod touch question!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lrd1, Sep 27, 2008.

1. lrd1 macrumors newbie

i want to buy a refurbished ipod touch which says it is the previous generation.
    does this include the 2.0 software update? if not.. do i have to buy the 2.0 then the 2.1 update? or just the 2.1? please help! :confused:

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure that after you purchase the iPod Touch (refurb.), you'll have to buy the 2.1 firmware. 2.0 firmware is no longer sold, as its features are included in the 2.1 firmware.

On the iPod Touch refurb. page, they used to specify what firmware would come loaded on it, but from what I can tell they don't anymore. (http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA627LL/B). But since the iPod Touch (original model) was sold without 2.1 firmware, I would assume they are still doing that, even after the release of the new model which comes with 2.1 firmware preloaded.

(although my friend ordered a refurb iPod Touch once that said it would come with a 1.x.x firmware, but it came with 2.0, so its possible it could come with that loaded (if your lucky). You never know....)

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

It should come with either 1.1.4 or 1.1.5.