Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sasuke-chan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
So I have lost my ipod touch =( and I am thinking of buying a refurbed one from the online store.

But before I do that, I would like to know if you guys have any problems with them, including SCRATCHES.

I read the refurb process thing, and they say that we should be aware that the ipod may come with minor scratches... How many of you guys have experienced that?

Tell me your good and bad experiences with refurbs~!! Thanks! =D

A N G E L

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I think when people replace their iPods via warranty they end up getting a refurbished one. Now... if that's so:

I have replace my iPod touch two times, and this third one I have now has given me no problems whatsoever. As for scratches, my two replacements didn't have any scratches at all. =D

You can rest assured that your 'new' refurbished iPod will be in great condition.

Remember, buy one off of Apple to ensure that you have their one-year Apple Care warranty. It really kicks ass.

magicdanw

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
I have replace my iPod touch two times, and this third one I have now has given me no problems whatsoever. As for scratches, my two replacements didn't have any scratches at all. =D

You can rest assured that your 'new' refurbished iPod will be in great condition.
What about the first refurbished iPod that had to be replaced?

Remember, buy one off of Apple to ensure that you have their one-year Apple Care warranty. It really kicks ass.
Not when it comes to failing battery life, in my experience... :(

Sasuke-chan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Wonder if refurbed ipod touch will come with 3.0 os after june 17.. or should i wait for the 3rd gen when the 16gig might be priced at 8gig?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.