refurbished ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mumarunnin, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mumarunnin macrumors newbie

any info on refurbished ipods? 3 of my children want an ipod touch for christmas, is it worth the money you will save?

2. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Its worth the smiles on their faces when they get them. Just buy and enjoy, refurbs from Apple are great

3. LiThiuM511 macrumors newbie

I bought A 1st GEN ipod from Ebay in 2001 i think it was refurb. I save 2xx$ still work like a charm...

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It's definitely a great way to save money. A co-worker of mine has bought a couple refurbished iPods and has been happy with them.

Keep in mind refurbs come in a generic iPod box and not the usual iPod Touch box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MauBsCK-g

5. 213rules macrumors member

How many children do you have? 4? 5? 6? :eek:Anyways, I don't suggest you get 3 :apple: iPod touches. It's way too expensive. And if you can afford 3 of them, why don't you buy the new one?:confused:

Consider what your children want the :apple: iPods for. If they want it just for the touchscreen, I would advise you to get a cheaper touchscreen mp3 player for like $100-175 (don't get generic brands:mad:). After all, one of the main reasons I bought a touch is not for the controls, but for the WiFi!:cool:

Also, consider how old your children are. If they are like 5 or 7, don't get it. It's too complicated for them. Maybe a simple mp3 player, like a shuffle, would be fine. On the other hand, if they are like 18 or something, they should buy their own.:p

Finally, do you REALLY NEED three :apple: iPod touches, in which could easily be broken or "stolen".:rolleyes:

Sorry for all the smilies.

6. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

may i suggest getting a PSP for one, a DS Lite for another and a iPod Touch for the third that way they could all share and have all the latest portable electronics.