Refurbished Mac Mini Price Drop!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by speedwaygirl, Jun 23, 2010.

1. speedwaygirl macrumors member

speedwaygirl

Couldn't see a post on this today, but the Apple Store has the last generation refurbished Mac Mini Server (2.53 Ghz, 4 GB RAM) up for $749.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC408LL/A?mco=MTU1MzE2MjA

A $100 price drop from last week! I would have bit on it a couple of days ago, but just ordered a new AMD Phenom X6 machine for video editing and gaming.

My computer dollars are already spent, but I'd love to enable someone else to pick up this deal!

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

For that much, I'd much rather buy the new mac mini as the 320m is miles and heaps faster than the 9400m.

3. speedwaygirl thread starter macrumors member

speedwaygirl

True, if you can afford it, it's worth it, but for the folks that aren't using it as a video intensive machine and are penny pinching, $250 is a lot of coin!

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm suggesting that the OP just buy the base model mac mini and stick a 1TB HDD in it. Basically the base model can be had for $670 from amazon with free shipping and no tax, that saves him about $140 for the 1TB HDD.

But I suppose he would need to drop another $100 for 4GB of RAM. But that 320m is so much more worth it in the long run!

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

If you really want it as a server, since Snow Leopard Server is $500 alone, that's like paying $250 for the mini. Can't beat that!

Now if only they didn't raise the price of the base mini from $600 to $700. :(

6. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

dont worry apple knows you will buy one anyway ,even if they put a 1 in front of the current price , people buy anything for any price if there is a :apple: on it somewhere

7. iGrant macrumors 6502a

I sure as H@!! don't but thats just me. I got almost every single Mac I own used and at a fraction of the cost new. Got my Macbook Air Rev. A for 750ish and my Intel Mac Mini 2006 model for 200 bucks in 2007 (bought it from a co-worker who just upgrade to an iMac).

I have bought only 2 macs new from Apple, my G4 iBook which I wish I never sold, and my Macbook Rev. A.

Probable won't ever do it again because it just cost too much money :(

-iGrant

8. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Well I just went against the trend. I was waiting to buy a (third) mini which I will use to upgrade my livingroom entertainment center. Seeing the price increase of the base model (which is perfectly adequate) I snagged a refurb for $500. Add another $50 for mini-displayport+toslink -> HDMI adapter from monoprice.com and I'm still $150 ahead, with a proven, time-tested design.