Refurbished Macbook advertisement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Star Destroyer, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

I was looking at the refurb macbooks, and noticed they are not advertised as previous generation, or even previous reversion.

This kinda (at first glance before i compared the cpu speeds) led me to believe that they are what you would get if you bought new.
    However, they are not. If you bought then refurb macbooks the buyer would not just be getting slower CPU speeds, won't those macbook have a different chip set and other 'bumps' missing?

Shouldnt apple be stating "previous Reversion" somewhere? Since they are not whats currently selling....

I was just curious since the prices are significantly cheaper.

Cheers

2. menthol moose macrumors regular

I don't think so. In the technical specs for the refurbished Macbooks it clearly states it clearly states the different processors and graphics chipset from the older generations. I don't really think it's any more necessary than those "New!" badges on recently updated items.

3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I go by the processor specs to get a feel of what I am getting. When I picked up a black macbook with 2.2 I can guess it was a previous model because the newer specs on the black macbook are 2.4.

4. DaveWonders macrumors regular

I believe they only count generations as a form factor change, such as the white iMac to aluminum. But yes, the refurb MacBooks are the Santa Rosas and not Penryns.