Refurbished Macbook Air. Is it worth it ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kittychan, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Kittychan macrumors regular

Hi all

I see that Apple Nz has one Macbook Air on refurbished but I barely have exp with refurbished good. I search the forum but no luck with hit (mainly talking about ipod refurbished)

Anyway, if I get a refurbished macbookair and I found a problem, would they swap a new one for me?

Cheers

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Treat it like new when it comes to warranty purposes. ;)

3. Kittychan thread starter macrumors regular

Thank Eidorian, so if my refurbished macbookair is defective when it arrives, I am able to get a brand new macbookair as a replacement ? and when they said refurbished does it mean the product is damaged ?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Refurbished Macs get sent back for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it might be a hardware problem and others it might just be a return for refund.

If you find a defect with your refurbished MacBook Air you'll get another refurbished one as a replacement.

5. Kittychan thread starter macrumors regular

Of course, I was dreaming about it !!! But in Nz once they sell the refurbished item, it never comes back its like they have only one refurbished item in stock. How weird

6. Kittychan thread starter macrumors regular

Ohh and if I got the refurb item and I am not happy with it would I be able to get a refund ?

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yes but you'll be hit with a restock fee.

8. Kittychan thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers. I think I will get one although the price is just ridiculous here in Nz..... I hope it will compliment with my iMac well :) Thanks Eidorian !!!!

9. Metuas macrumors regular

Metuas

I have a day-old refurb MacBook Pro. If it hadn't come in the brown box, I wouldn't have known it wasn't brand new.

There's a teensy, about .2mm separation in the case, which I noticed because I am obsessive about these things, but for all intents and purposes it's a new machine. coconutBattery tells me it's five weeks old, and I believe it. Acts like a brand new machine.

Buying refurbished is the best choice one can make; it's a great way of getting a great computer in great condition for a great price. It's great.

10. Kittychan thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers mate not I feel much better just waiting for it to arrive !!!