Refurbished MacBook for mother

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mac.User, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Mac.User macrumors 6502

My mom recently broke her older black macbook and really wants to get a refurbished newer white one (she just loves the look)

MicroCenter by me has a few for $550 and I was thinking of getting her one of those and a 256GB SSD and upping the machine to 4GB of RAM, it comes with 2GB.

Should I get her the machine she wants, or just say screw it and get her a new 13in pro?

2. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

Depends on use. If she just does average day to day usage, and no heavy programs, the White one will be OK for her. Also I would just go for a 128GB SSD, and 8GB RAM.

3. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

I guess it depends on your budget and needs. I just bought a 13in macbook (the mid/late 2009) version and I only paid $240 for it with shipping, it works great, yes it has blemishes form previous use but for the price, its great, I already updated it to mountain lion and will upgrade RAM soon. But, if I had the money available to spend $550, I would have bought a more recent one or just saved that until I could buy a new one, but for what I need it/want it this one is GREAT!! Got it on amazon...