Refurbished Macbook Help...

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in,
Here is my question:
Lets say it was, a week before leopard was released, I bought a macbook, something was wrong with it, so I returned it, then apple fixes it up, and puts it in the refurbished store (this would happen after leopard is released) would apple load leopard onto the macbook then put it in the refurbished store? Or keep tiger on it?

I am not sure if this makes sense, but o'well:D

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in,
Here is my question:
Lets say it was, a week before leopard was released, I bought a macbook, something was wrong with it, so I returned it, then apple fixes it up, and puts it in the refurbished store (this would happen after leopard is released) would apple load leopard onto the macbook then put it in the refurbished store? Or keep tiger on it?

I am not sure if this makes sense, but o'well:D
Tiger would be my guess

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
What I have heard, is when you return your mac, they will replace\fix whatever is wrong, then they will re-install the OS, so I am not sure if they would use the latest one (leopard) or use the one that was already on there...
(NOTE: I just posted this to clear up my first post)

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
What I have heard, is when you return your mac, they will replace\fix whatever is wrong, then they will re-install the OS, so I am not sure if they would use the latest one (leopard) or use the one that was already on there...
(NOTE: I just posted this to clear up my first post)

From what we all hear Leopard won't be here until Oct.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I just got a thought, maybe they will keep tiger on them, but do you think they would be cheaper then ones with leopard?? Like right now, refurb MBP's are $1,500 (for the low end MBP) so do you think maybe a refurb with leopard will be $1,500, and one with tiger will be cheaper?(If they don't load leopard on them all)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
wow 3 months?? So I could buy it now(well in maybe, 2 weeks), and get leopard for free? lol :cool:
That'll be the day:rolleyes: Don't worry too much about Leopard. It isn't too expensive to upgrade, and you don't want it right away anyways. Give it time so that the kinks can be worked out.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I have talked with a few people, and they all seem to believe that apple WILL load leopard on the refurbished macbooks, even if they were returned with tiger on them

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I have talked with a few people, and they all seem to believe that apple WILL load leopard on the refurbished macbooks, even if they were returned with tiger on them
Yes, I believe that's correct. Just don't expect a Leopard coupon now.