Refurbished Macbook/Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beowulf666, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Hi guys, new to the forum, and i think this site is great. Everyone seems to be very friendly and helpful and it's just awesome. But to get to the point, I'm thinking about buying a Macbook Pro, or regular macbook. I mean this is going to be my first mac, and so i really want to get the best laptop i can possibly get, but after reading all of the information about refurbished models, i've been thinking about getting a refurbished one. Not only is it cheaper for me, but apparently it's somewhat better to get a refurbished laptop. I just had some questions though:

1) If i was to get a macbook/macbook pro, what sort of things can i expect?

2) Will everything, besides the laptop, be new? or will they be refurbished as well?

3) If there scractches/dents, will i be able to return it?

4) Are there any circumstances in which i would not be able to return the laptop?

5) should I get a refurbished macbook pro or a new macbook?

6) Does apple have a good history of refurbished items?

This will be my first laptop, as well as my first refurbished laptop. I'm really just cautios and want to know everything before i go ahead and place the order. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

everything but the computer is new.
    my refurb MBP came perfect, besides a latch that didnt shut all the way, and a stripped RAM screw.

a quick send in to apple (6 days from start to end) and it came back perfect. Def. Worth getting almost 500 dollars off.