Refurbished Macbook Pro 13' or Brand New

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NelsonxzelayA, Sep 13, 2011.

1. NelsonxzelayA macrumors newbie

I currently own a 27 inch iMac 2011, I've currently been wanting a macbook, though it rumored to have an update soon, that isn't a factor to me. I looked at some options, and found myself wondering if i should get a refurbished Macbook Pro 13 inch or a brand new one. Mainly for the money i would be saving with buying the refurbished. So i would appreciate and recommendations that you have.

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Absolutely get the refurb. They are completely indistinguishable from brand new units (except the packaging) and they have the exact same warranty.

3. NelsonxzelayA thread starter macrumors newbie

would i get everything with it, like the new one?

4. Saberon macrumors 6502a

You get absolutely everything except the box looks different. All the cables/manuals/warranties even the plastic on the macbook is there. Trust me, you can't go wrong!

5. GotMeAMac macrumors newbie

Applecare for a refurbished MBP

Newbie here. Just bought a refurbished MBP. Have been checking out some of the threads about applecare, specifically where to buy it for cheaper than what Apple.com and Store sells it for. Just wondering, would the applecare work bought off eBay still work on a refurbished? Or would I have to buy it through the Apple store? Any advice would be appreciated.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Planning to buy an Applecare off ebay? Be cautious !!!
    FYI on AppleCare and eBay
    No more cheap Applecare buys on Ebay?
    AppleCare ebay very dry

7. jrfive0 macrumors member

you wanna check out b&h photo's website, cheapest i've ever seen and legit, it was $60 cheaper for my mbp 13's applecare :D