Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JMacPro, May 28, 2009.

1. JMacPro macrumors member

How come this model is constantly on the Refurb site ? Is there a reason ?
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB470LL/A?mco=MjE0NjE5MA

It seems like a great deal, but I get worried that there are either so many of them or noone is buying them. Am I putting too much into this ?

I look there everyday all day and I see other models come and go.

Thanks
    Joe

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

i haven't really heard of any problems with that model. I havent personally bought refurbed, but i have read many people who have who posted and they seem to be great deals. They are covered under the same warranty as a new one, plus you can add applecare ontop of that!

3. JMacPro thread starter macrumors member

Right, that I've researched here and I know that the refurbs are the way to go, I was just curious with that specific model.

Thanks
    Joe

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I think there are a lot of those MBPs. Most people go for the baseline MBP and end up returning it for a MacBook because they can't justify all the "Pro" features when all they do is IM in iChat, listen to music, and check their email.

Refurbs are awesome. Go buy it or whichever model you want and enjoy the machine!!

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Refurbs are excellent machines; they have been individually tested and tried and come with all of the warranties and guarantees of a new model. I'm a big fan of the MBP as I have one; it is an excellent machine as it is fast, powerful, boasts great performance and comes with a superb screen. In addition, I'd recommend getting Applecare within the first year.

Cheers and good luck