refurbished Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Petered, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Petered macrumors newbie

So im thinking about buying a refurbished 13 inch pro is it a good choice cause its the price of a new macbook and im 18 and have to buy my own stuff and dont want to dump basically all my money on a laptop:apple:

2. Diamondaine macrumors newbie

Yes, i just bought a refurbished 15" MacBook Pro i7, 4gb etc. and it is brilliant. Except the missing original Packaging i did not notice that it was an refurbished at all.
    So you can definitly go for an refurbished, if you cant wait for the refresh, like me.

Diamondaine :apple:

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How are we supposed to know if it's a good choice? What do you use your computer for? If money is an issue and all you do is facebook, music, and Youtube, you should buy a Windows laptop.

4. Diamondaine macrumors newbie

Actually he wanted to know if it's better buying a Refurbished MacBook Pro 13" instead of a normal MacBook, and i would say yes. I misunderstood your Question a bit, sry.
    On the MacBook Pro you have the aluminium Body and everything instead of a thicker plasticy ugly looking white MacBook.
    So if you want to have a 13" Mac Laptop, buy the refurbished MacBook Pro.

5. altecXP macrumors 65816

Thats personal. opinion I've has a Alu MacBook, while macbook, black macbook, and 2 15in MacBook Pro's and I find the white MacBooks the best looking.

6. jim9112 macrumors newbie

I bought a refurb 13" MBP. Looks brand new, well not so much any more have had it about a year. I have had zero issues with it in the year ive had it. I say go for it.

7. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Yes, unlike other companies Apple provides the same 1 year warranty on refurbs as their computers. I bought my first Apple laptop, 15 MBP as a refurb 9 months ago and haven't looked back.