Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isauce

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Hey guys,

Just bought my first Mac, and could not be happier it was a MBP. I have been a long time reader, but this is my first post.

After many readings, I came across a thread saying a refurbish goes through a thorough check than a new MBP. I went ahead and happy to report everything checked out.

The only fault; the temperatures. Right now on 99% idle it is 40C, 52% load it is at 68C. Keep in mind, I live in Vancouver and right now its kinda cold.

So being my first post, I will keep this light. I will replace the thermal paste with Artic Cooling MX-2 instead of the popular AS5. I have read many forums that MX-2 is better and there is no curing like the AS5. I will post again with my findings and temps.

Otherwise, I love my MBP.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
wait....

WHAT!?!?!?

are you saying you are going to dismantle your MBP, and swap the thermal paste? You will see a 1 - 2C difference, if any at all...

isauce

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2008
wait....

WHAT!?!?!?

are you saying you are going to dismantle your MBP, and swap the thermal paste? You will see a 1 - 2C difference, if any at all...

Yeah, well its low temps because it was cold in my house. However, it does reach pretty high temps. Either way, I think it should drop more than 1-2C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.