Refurbished MacBook Pros after update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TeddyLeroux, Jan 17, 2010.

1. TeddyLeroux macrumors member

Im wondering whether to get a base 15" MBP at the update or get a more powerful but refurbished machine... how much can we expect the Refurbished models to drop from their current pricepoint??? What would be a smarter choice??? The most intensive task I plan to do is video editing with screenflow and streaming with camtwist:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. maghemi macrumors 6502

Apple don't tend to 'drop' the prices of their 'refurb' items after they release a new model. If something is currently being listed on the refurb store at the moment. It will most likely still be that price after a re-fresh.

It is not unusual to see a refurb item cost more than the new release item.

So I wouldn't be banking on getting something cheaper after the next refresh.

3. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

:confused:

Uh, no.

$50 cheaper for the less expensive models, possibly $100 for the higher end.

The price definitely drops after an update, although it may take a day or two.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Since the new MBP price dropped it's hard to say. Before on the refurbs you would see between $100-300 less if the Refurbish is over two years old (from the build date). MBP Unibody 08 list for $1299 for 2.4GHz (Original priced $1999). Current MBP 2.53Ghz SD list $1699 new and $1499 refurb. So with that in account this model a year from release, which is after 2010 June, refurb would drop to $1299.

From memory, I saw this happen with the early MBP 08 models, however Mac was selling them for $1599 refurb. Then after MBP Unibody were released, the price dropped to $1399.

But honestly since the MBP are now cheaper, I can't see Apple dropping the price any lower than $1299 for entry level MBP, $1499 for highend MBP.