refurbished macbook w applecare protection plan?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by soccersquirt82, Jun 24, 2008.

1. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

Just making sure my Applecare Protection Plan will cover my refurbished macbook . . .

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

to keep it short... yes

refurb is the way to go, thats if your not a student :)

3. soccersquirt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Or if you are a student. It doesn't really matter. You can still save 100 more bucks off a BlackBook w/ a refurb over the student price.

But yes, by all means, buy Applecare within the first year, just in case.

I just had my cousin's 1st gen CoreDuo Macbook sent in for service 2 weeks ago. It had a bad hard drive and really bad discolored top case that was also chipping on the edges like many of them do. It was returned to me within 4 days.

When I got it back Apple had replaced the hard disk, replaced the top case, replaced the keyboard and trackpad, replaced the heatpipe and thermal paste, replaced the logic board and the fans.

I didn't ask them to do any of that except the hard drive and top case. I guess they felt it was necessary. She essentially has a fresh clean new laptop after 2 hard years of college use traveling with it every day...

Oh and they installed Leopard and iLife 08 for free when they reimaged the machine. They didn't even bother with Tiger and iLife06 that she had originally!

Pretty incredible service if you ask me.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Correction: buy AND REGISTER Applecare within the first 365 days.

If you buy it and don't register online within one year of the purchase date of the Mac, then you can't apply the Applecare plan to that machine.