refurbished macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ztark, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ztark macrumors member

I just received my refurbished macbook (core duo 2 Ghz, 1 Gb memory, superdrive) and had a few questions.

The screen has four dead pixels. When the computer is closed, the screen doesn't line up with the bottom half exactly (about 2mm off). When I insert a blank DVD the computer makes a few sounds and then ejects it. All other aspect of the disk drive work fine (cd burner, dvd player, etc). I have only tried one brand of dvd-r so far, but I'm going to try to use another brand tomorrow.

Question: how do I go about addressing these issues with apple? I went to the apple care section of the apple site, but I don't see where i can report problems. Does anyone know if any of the above problems are covered under the one year warranty that comes with refurbished macs?

2. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

you should try calling applecare. they would be the best help. good luck!
    oh and the warranty is exactly the same for new macs or refurbished. so there shouldn't be a problem if new macs have that coverage.

3. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Don't accept a mediocre product!
    Apple can deliver good stuff.
    Sometimes you have to make a bit of noise though to get satisfaction.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

4. ztark thread starter macrumors member

5. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Apple is great with these types of problems, definitely call in or bring it to your nearest Apple store.