Refurbished Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Telp, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm thinking of buying some refurbished macs. I am a little weary however, and just want to hear the general consensus on them. Thanks.

-Telp

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

Generally speaking, the opinion of these refurb units are very high and I think you would have a hard time finding many people with a negative experience. In the past, there's been quite a bit of discussion in the buying tips thread so it would be worth a search.

3. bstreiff macrumors regular

I bought a refurb Blackbook right after the recent Macbook update; at $1049, it was quite a deal for the machine that, the previous day, was the $1499 top-of-the-line one. (Well, to be fair, I could have applied the educational discount on that one.)

Bought it online Tuesday night; it was estimated for delivery the next Tuesday, but was delivered Saturday morning. (FedEx rocks-- I haven't had 'early' packages from UPS for years.)

So far, I've been throughly pleased with it-- it's a very sharp-looking laptop, and visually distinct from my roommate's white Macbook. ;D I've not had any issues with it.

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Alright. Thanks for both of your inputs. Makes me feel a lot better now. =] hopefully it all works out.

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

You will be fine with refurb they check them twice to make sure they don't come back.

6. daustin macrumors member

Everything that I've seen says they're the way to go, but my iMac was DOA!

They are overnighting me a new one though and I just have to send the other one back within two weeks. So (if the second one works) all is well.

7. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I had a good refurb experience, and will probably buy refurb again. General consensus on these forums is that refurbs are great investments.