Refurbished Macs??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rangerdanger, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rangerdanger macrumors member

I'm looking into buying a refurbished MB or MBP this summer, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with refurbished macs. If so, have you had any major problems or has your experience been good.

2. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    got 2 of them,(refurbs) both were mint, like new and less than 2 weeks old :eek:
    Outfitted them both with 6GB ram,and a 320GB 7200 RPM HDD, and haven't looked back.
    My 2.2, and 2.4 BMB's have been the best computers I have ever owned.
    Buy with confidence!:D

3. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Refurbished macs are great. I got my mac pro refurbished :D And it's worked grreat.

I always try and get a refurbished Apple item over new if it's available. 9/10 times you can't tell it's refurbished other than the brown box it came in. You get the same warranty too which I think is a big deal.;)

4. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

Well on the flip side of the coin, I just got my refurbished imac two days ago. Its working great, except there is a small screen flaw; there is a circle about 1cm in diameter that doesn't register deep blacks. Hopefully apple care will cover this; I guess I'll see once I get the chance to make it to the apple store.

Plus, the refub comes all bundled up just like a new mac (except for a plain box) so you don't miss out on any of the joys of un-boxing :D

Even with the tiny flaw, I am still pro-refurb

5. rangerdanger thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone!!! Getting a refurb seems the way to go, and it will save me some cash that I can use for RAM and other Apple goodies!!

6. Zillicah macrumors member

I'm buying a refurbished mac this summer too!

I've heard great things!