Refurbished MBA or wait for 13 rmbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by riveting, Oct 3, 2012.

1. riveting macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I'v thinking about swith to MAC for a while, mainly for the easy of back up and restore (no need to reinstall all programs). The 15 rmbp would be ideal for me but way too expensive. Currently, refurbished 13 MBP early 2011 model is really cheap, but the resolution 1280*800 is just not what I want. The current refurbished MBA is decently priced, I think would work well for me except that I am too spoiled with ipad 3's display, I am thinking of selling my ipad after get a MBP or MBA. Another concern would be the ram on MBA, most likely I will only be getting a 4g model because of the price and availability on refurbished.

My main questions is what can we expect from 13 rmbp at this point, especially the price. I would not mind the weight or performance too much.

2. stevelam macrumors 65816

if that is your main reason to switch, you do realize you can also do that on windows right?

and stop asking about the 13" rmbp. there are already a bunch of useless posts about it. no one knows.

3. riveting thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I know I can back up my windows, but never know a good way to restore an old windows to a new computer

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

What do u mean old Windows to new computer?

Since XP2, MS makes sure you are restoring stuff to the machine you are licensed for.

So ur upgrading hardware, fine, how often do u have to do this to be an issue?

If ur ogling for a Mac, it's OK, no Windoze lovers here.