Refurbished MBP-From Lion to Leopard??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keisiuip, Dec 8, 2011.

1. keisiuip macrumors newbie

I bought a Refurbished MacBook Pro, according to the online store, it was 'Originally released February 2011'. It is pre-installed with Lion. Can I downgrade it from Lion to Leopard with Leopard install disc of 10.6.3??

2. keisiuip thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Heavertron macrumors regular

No. The retail disk does not include the required drivers. If you have an older mac you could install 10.6.3 in target disk mode, the update to 10.6.8 before booting your MBP. That would work.

4. keisiuip thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I have to link my MBP to an older Mac(i.e. Mac pro), and use the install disk with the mac pro to reformat my MBP??

5. Heavertron macrumors regular

You got it. Boot the MBP in target disk mode and use the older mac to run the install DVD. ensure you select the MBP disc when installing. You will also need to boot the Mac pro from the MBP drive and update to 10.6.8 before you can boot the MBP standalone.

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

No, because 10.6.3 is Snow Leopard not Leopard.

7. keisiuip thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean Snow Leopard

----------

Damn, no other way???

8. Nychot macrumors 6502a

take it to the apple store and the genius will do it or try to do it. i had one mbp early 2011 that came with lion and the genius was able to downgrade. i had another early '11 but the genius could not downgrade because it had the new firmware installed so its a toss up. but the apple store will try, at least mine did.