Refurbished MBP - Problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ctodd111, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ctodd111 macrumors newbie

Has anyone purchased a refurbished MBP recently that had any problems (ie yellow screen)? Can a refurbished unit be returned to an Apple store if there is a problem?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Refurbished Apple products carry the same 1yr warranty as brand new ones, IIRC. Besides that, a refurb MBP is *less* likely to be defective than a new one, because it's actually been checked by human beings prior to being boxed.

3. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure you can't get a replacement in a store though, because you'll have to get a refurb as a replacement and stores don't carry refurbs.

4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

When I bought my refurb from Apple I had nothing but problems. Please do keep in mind that it was a Rev. A product. Once I had gone through my maximum repairs they sent me a brand new MBP 2.16 which also had problems. By the time they had replaced that one the newer models had come out so they sent me of the very brand new ones with the SR processor. I am now working on that. You will be fine buying a refurb MBP at this point and timwe. You should have absolutely no worries. Go ahead and buy it!

5. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I agree that he should proceed without hesitating, but I'm not sure he'll find your thread entirely reassuring!:eek:

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have heard nothing but great things about Apple Refurbs. During the whole SR MBP LED Screen crisis, some people bought the refurbished MBP of the same model and found no issues. Apple does a very deep inspection to make sure that each MB/MBP shipped has no problems. Get a refurb, or get a new one.

7. MNMacLvr macrumors newbie

Of the 6 mac's in my family... all are refurbs with the exception of my MBP... I haven't had any problems with mine.. and they haven't had any issues either... If I could do it all over again.. I could have probably purchased a refurb and been just as excited and happy with it as I am with my new one. :) > :) :D

8. xxtee78xx macrumors newbie

Just got my 2.2 SR MBP. Runs flawlessly so far. No yellowing, as I got the LG screen. You couldn't even tell the thing is a refurb. Not one scratch or fingerprint. It even has that new electronic smell. The only thing that gives it away as a refurb, is the box it's shipped in. You get a plain box, instead of the pretty one you get on a new MBP.