Refurbished MBP + Student Discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cbell86, Jul 9, 2007.

1. cbell86 macrumors newbie

I would assume the answer is no, but is it possible to receive a student discount (or any deal for that matter) to further cheapen the price of buying a refurbished MBP?

ps. also wondering if the 256mb graphics chip in the 2.4ghz is a significant leap over the 128mb found in the 2.2 model. I'm a gamer :X
    pps. any lcd recommendations or deals (color correctness is important) would be helpful also. i tend to use newegg for everything but that can change

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

no, you can't apply a student discount to the apple refurbished store. if you go into the education store and click on the refurbished store link, you'll get the same prices as the regular refurbished store. as for the 256 mb in the 2.4 ghz macbook pro's graphics card, i can't exactly answer this question, but i'm guessing the answer would be no.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

No, you can't.

Here you are.

I use this 22" Viewsonic and it's fantastic, I highly recommend it. And at only $200, it's a steal.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If you're interested in the extra protection, you can still purchase AppleCare for your refurb with the education discount.