Refurbished MBP + Student Discount?

cbell86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
I would assume the answer is no, but is it possible to receive a student discount (or any deal for that matter) to further cheapen the price of buying a refurbished MBP?

ps. also wondering if the 256mb graphics chip in the 2.4ghz is a significant leap over the 128mb found in the 2.2 model. I'm a gamer :X
pps. any lcd recommendations or deals (color correctness is important) would be helpful also. i tend to use newegg for everything but that can change

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
no, you can't apply a student discount to the apple refurbished store. if you go into the education store and click on the refurbished store link, you'll get the same prices as the regular refurbished store. as for the 256 mb in the 2.4 ghz macbook pro's graphics card, i can't exactly answer this question, but i'm guessing the answer would be no.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I would assume the answer is no, but is it possible to receive a student discount (or any deal for that matter) to further cheapen the price of buying a refurbished MBP?
No, you can't.

ps. also wondering if the 256mb graphics chip in the 2.4ghz is a significant leap over the 128mb found in the 2.2 model. I'm a gamer :X
Here you are.

pps. any lcd recommendations or deals (color correctness is important) would be helpful also. i tend to use newegg for everything but that can change
I use this 22" Viewsonic and it's fantastic, I highly recommend it. And at only $200, it's a steal.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
If you're interested in the extra protection, you can still purchase AppleCare for your refurb with the education discount.