Refurbished Models - Speculation on Prices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Groat, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Groat macrumors member

What speculations do you have for the refurbished models of the new and old models? I'm looking for a 13" but can't really afford the price now it's gone up (£999 in the UK), so I'm going to wait until resellers start discounting or models start turning up on the refurbished store.

What price do you think the old models will be in the refurbished store, or will they just not show up anymore?

What price do you think the new models will be in the refurbished store?

Thanks for the advice!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Just wait and see for yourself. What good does speculation do? They'll be marked down a few hundred dollars from the new price.

3. GeorgeCWB macrumors member

Don't want to be a douchebag here, but this is a discussion on an apple forum. All there ever is, is speculation. Speculation, speculation, speculation.

Everyday, Every thread, Every minute.

edit: you're a demi-god, and I'm a newbie. I shall suffer for my blasphemies :(

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Clearly that's incorrect, given the number of "help me with [whatever]" threads on the forums.

Not to mention that speculating on the price of something is a lot different than speculating on, say, when a product will be released or updated. Refurbs are generally a few hundred dollars off of their new price. If anyone could provide more concrete information that'd be a first.

5. GeorgeCWB macrumors member

Yes, but both are speculation. As you stated. So what's your argument?
    All the "help me [whatever]" threads are regarding customisable options on the MBP, and all of the answers, as I'm sure you'll find, are speculation.

This is pointless, you're just being pedantic. I'd rather not argue over something so petty.

Good Day :D

6. Groat thread starter macrumors member

Speculation would give me a good insight on what will come, maybe? If I wanted to just wait and see, I wouldn't have asked.

7. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I think the price adjustments have already been reflected in the refurb website. Interesting to see that the newer mid-2009 17" models are actually cheaper than the early 2009 models!

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody [here] has any way to know what will show up in the refurb store and when, but at some point any or all of the previous generation and probably the generation before that will show up until someone buys it.

9. Groat thread starter macrumors member

That is why I said speculation. I wasn't looking for proof, evidence or some statistical estimate, I wanted people to just guess.

10. man02195 macrumors regular

here's an answer: in the US, the 13" low end mbp dropped from $999 to $929, and are now 22% off. Other models are up to 25% off (from their normal 15% off)