Refurbished Mophie JP Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FallenAnjel, Aug 14, 2013.

1. FallenAnjel macrumors member

I'm looking for experience with using a refurbished Mophie Juice Pack Plus. It was the first one I bought and have nothing to compare it to so IDK if it's doing what it's supposed to or not.

I have a 32gb iPhone 4s w/ Att (that was dropped two months ago and the back is all cracked, front left speaker is blown but other than that it works fine from what I can tell)

I bought one two months ago from All4Cellular. For about 6 weeks it worked fine. (well, better than w/o using one). I keep the standby switch on and it keeps my phone at 100% for 12 hours until the case goes dead then I use the phone's battery which gives me another 2-6 hours depending on how much I'm using the phone. It always charged faster if I charged the case by itself (even with the phone at 100% no matter if the switch was on or off). However, I could leave the case plugged in for two days and if I unplugged the case and immediately plugged it back in it would be at 2 dots and take another 3-4 hours to get up to 4. The case would then only last me about 6-8 hours keeping the phone at 100%. A week after that the switch stopped working. Couldn't turn it on to charge the phone at all. They sent me a replacement. This one worked for 4 days then kept turning on and off constantly saying "Charging accessory not supported". I "Fonzi'd" it (tapped it on the table) and it started working again LOL. It does it only on occassion now.

I just ordered a NEW one from ebay for $40. It says new, let's hope it is. I'll have it today or tomorrow. I'll post back how that one goes w/ charging.

I just charged the replacement case alone for 11 hours and it has 4 dots, I unplugged it, plugged it right back in. It's flashing 3 dots now which means it's not fully charged correct? I expect this to do the same thing in a week or so. I'm returning this one in a week or so after I get my new one from Ebay.

My question is-- how do NEW ones work? How do they charge? How long do they hold the phone at 100%? How long does it take to charge alone and w/ the phone? Any info so I can compare would be great.

2. traumuhhtize macrumors member

You might have a fake. Mophie says that most of their products that are on eBay or Amazon might have a low price but it's too good to be true.

3. FallenAnjel thread starter macrumors member

Even tho it has the Mophie name on it and the sticker that says mophie inside the case? I've compared it with my BIL's Mophie and it's all the same.

And I think Mophie would be up on this as well but I will check into it.

I got the white Mophie from eBay today. Is the white one smooth and shiny unlike the black one which as that soft smooth feel?