Refurbished or Brand New

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rmpaul211, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Rmpaul211 macrumors newbie

Rmpaul211

Hello, I'm new to Apple laptops. And I've been going back and fourth about going refurb or bnib. I'm either going to get a 1400 mbpr early 2015 or a refurbished 2014. I want to if the force track pad is really worth going brand new?

The differences is the refurbished has
    512 gigs
    8 gig ram

Brand new one
    8 gigs ram

2. Rmpaul211 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rmpaul211

Attached Files:

3. kohlson macrumors 6502a

I've purchased several reforms, and they work out as well as the new ones. They have "as new warranties," and are generally in like-new condition. Depending on what you want to do with it, the extra storage is nice.

4. Rmpaul211 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rmpaul211

all I want to do is edit some videos and pictures from time to time and rest is papers and Netflix lol. Nothing to major. Also I was wondering if the new ones with the force touch pad is a major thing?

5. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

No, it's not.

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I wouldn't consider ForceTouch to be the sole reason to purchase a computer. My suggestion would be to get what you can that can handle your usage, so a refurb would do fine plus you end up with double the internal storage.

To each their own though. It could end up being the best thing in the world to you, so if you have an apple store nearby I'd suggest going and trying it out to further your stance on the matter.