Refurbished pricing structure

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daroga, May 10, 2014.

1. daroga macrumors member

Hi everyone!

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a 13" rMBP. I'm eyeing the refurb Oct 2013 model with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD for $1269.

However, I've been looking for some information on this and trying to figure out whether or not the refurb price on that model would drop if a spec-bump version comes out at WWDC. The Macbook Air refurbs saw an immediate price drop last month, but the base price of the new models dropped as well.

Looking at the price difference between comparable Feb 2013 and Oct 2013 models shows that there's not a big drop (only $40 for the 8GB/256GB), but every little bit helps. Just wondering if, historically, such a price drop was usually immediate or tended to wait until a (theoretical) new model showed up in the refurb store.

Thanks!

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Yes there will likely be a price drop. I would wait, but let me warn you they will go QUICK. I suggest ordering one as soon as you see it because it will go within 15 minutes in my experience :eek:

3. daroga thread starter macrumors member

That's a good point. Does Apple offer the same price-adjustments to refurb purchases that they do on new products? I.e., if the price goes down within the 14-day return window you can get the difference refunded?

4. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I don't expect to see any Macbook Pros at WWDC.

5. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

No idea. Please call Apple they are so helpful with these things. They will tell you!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm one of those folks who don't believe we'll see anything at WWDC, so I'd get what one now if you need one now.

7. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Does anyone remember what the price drop amount was for the refurb Air's when the retail models dropped by $100 recently?