Refurbished products

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by letsjointhenavy, Nov 15, 2009.

1. letsjointhenavy macrumors newbie

I'm finally thinking about switching over to mac after a long wait (too long). I've been looking around their website, the refurbished section in particular. If anyone has had any experience with buying a refurbished mac (a mbp in particular), have you had any problems or issues with the product? I'm thinking of buying the 13" mbp listed at $1299, but my other option is to buy the low-end 13" mbp and upgrade the ram and hdd for a little bit cheaper. Thanks for your help.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you search around, there are plenty of threads about this. In short, Refurbs are restored to new condition and given a thorough checkover in California. By no means are there rampant issues of refurbs having more problems then new, they seem about even. Also, your computer comes with a fully Apple warranty - so you have nothing to fear. Because they are given a hand look-over by an actual person, some people prefer them.

3. thecheda macrumors 6502

Mb

Refurbished is just as good because of the warranty mentioned. You can by additional Apple Care as well.