Refurbished Question? Please Answer!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Orange™, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Why is it that when your looking at Macs(iMacs included) in the refurbished section some of them say a percentage of the discount to the original cost while others don't??? Kinda bugging me... I think I'm ready to buy, just need some clarification.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :eek:

UPDATE
    UPDATE
    UPDATE
    UPDATE
    UPDATE
    : http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/imac

Please click on the link above for a visual of my question. Scroll to the last iMac and you will see the 09(right?) i7 is:
    $1,699.00
    SELECT

Right above is 09(right?) i5:

$1,529.00
    Save $470.00
    23% off
    SELECT

My question still remains, what is the significance of the percentages only showing up on some of them. Take a look at the link and please throw some knowledge my way.

Thanks MacRumors!

End UPDATE
    End UPDATE
    End UPDATE
    End UPDATE
    End UPDATE

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The one's which they currently sell have % off.

3. MaLiLoMAC macrumors newbie

I think the same model types and years have around the same percentage off, so once they do the first models on the list, they don't do the rest. Just my assumption/ observation.

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

To be honest any answer you get here is a guess at best. If you want to know for sure only Apple knows however I'm pretty sure they won't say and it doesn't really matter. It's simple to figure the discount amount in dollars and percentage by doing a small amount of research. All you need to find out is what they sold for new, a brief search on Google will easily reveal that information.

Regards,

Roger

5. Orange™ thread starter macrumors 6502

Then why are the old core 2 duo 27 inch iMacs have percentages next to them??? They're the old model, so...

(I appreciate the help)

6. Orange™ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I know that I can find the percent myself but that wasn't the thing bugging me!

Why show them next to some models but not others?? It definitely means something and while it's not that big of a deal I might as well cover my bases before I buy.

Some suggest current models show percent but that doesn't seem to work with the ones on the list currently...

Thanks for the comment though!

7. Orange™ thread starter macrumors 6502

8. callorchat macrumors member

I believe all standard models will have savings in %, but not BTOs.