Refurbished question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theprophe, Sep 30, 2011.

1. theprophe macrumors newbie

I have just started looking at the refurbished 15 inch mbp with hi rez display, and it seems like all the high resolution display are antiglare, are the glossy 1680x1050 displays not that common?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Most people upgrade to anti-glare I assume. You never know with refurbs

3. theprophe thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant i want a refursbished glossy 1680x1050 15" but only the anitglare are in the refurbished section, have you guys seen glossy's in there recently?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

nope, i recently bought a refurbished so i was looking in there for over a month and it was only anti glare high res or the glossy 1440x900

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Switch to anti-glare, at least you're not staring at a mirror when using the computer.

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I bought my refurb anti-glare a couple weeks ago, and there were a few high-res glossy ones there at the time. They come and go quickly, so you have to keep checking.

Have you tried out both the glossy and the anti-glare? It's all personal choice, but I've owned both and I greatly prefer the anti-glare. Just my 2¢ :)

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

As others have said they come and go quickly. I mostly look for the antiglare ones but have seen some glassy ones at times.

8. Akack macrumors 6502a

Website linked can notify you when a refurb product you want is avail from the Apple store:

http://www.refurb.me/us/

9. theprophe thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't seen them side by side yet, will look this weekend

But since i will be using it at the same time with a 27"thunderbolt display, i think it would be better to be the same type.

Thanks for that link!

10. auxsend macrumors regular

That site changes pretty regularly, if you keep an eye on it, you might get lucky.

11. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Actually it's quite tyhe opposite. Usually it's the anti-glare hi res that is rare under refurb section and the glossy is the common option. I bought a refurbished 15" MBP glassy and love it