Refurbished RMBP 15 Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChaoticFury, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ChaoticFury macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I just got my Retina Macbook Pro 15 inch from Apple the other day. I have been really enjoying it but I have a few concerns. When I play games and watch Netflix or something on my computer it gets very hot. I understand that the heat dissipates in front of the screen. My problem is when I am gaming, I normally keep one hand on the number keys for shortcuts etc.

The buttons there get extremely hot, hot to the point where I can't touch them. I checked the CPU and GPU Temps and it shows in Istat that the GPU is somewhere between 70-90C depending on how long I have been running the game and the cpu is hot but not badly hot. My question is, is this normal?

I know that a lot of people have asked this and I have done a bunch of research before coming here. The other thing is, I have a glass desk, and if I touch the underside of my glass desk I can feel it be incredibly hot from the laptop.

Anyway any advice in the matter is greatly appreciated.

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Everything you mentioned is normal. My average temp is 45-60 Celsius (average meaning word processing, web browsing, etc.). When gaming, it's 90-100. Perfectly normal.

You might want to look into getting a laptop cooling pad if you're concerned.