Refurbished rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PapaVBnMOMO, Aug 22, 2012.

1. PapaVBnMOMO macrumors member

I'm reading a lot of returns of the rmbp due to minor screen issues...shouldn't it be up on the refurbished store by now with all the returns? The 2012 MBP 13" is already up there...

2. Roman2K~ macrumors 6502a

Good question. I wonder what they do with the returns. I have no idea but I imagine they do some or all of:
    • Re-use most of the parts in newly assembled machines
    • Fix and repackage them as new instead of refurbished
    • Give them as replacement of new defective units

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

unless they have a huge surpluss of new screens im guessing they are using the screen inventory on building new units before they work on the refurbished stock

FYI refurbished units are fixed to a new state they are not sold with known defects

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal. If it was purchased, returned and repaired, it can't be sold as new any longer. It has to be marked as refurbished.

Since there's still a pretty heavy demand for the retina MBP, maybe they're just holding back on offering refurbs for a little while. That wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe they take longer to open up, repair, inspect, etc. than the other MBP's do, or maybe the parts needed to repair them aren't available since they're still being used to create new computers and build store stock.