Refurbished rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taycross, Jun 21, 2013.

1. taycross macrumors newbie

Soliciting opinions for another rMBP buying dilemma.

I'm in the market for a new MBP. I'm coming from a 2009 15" that I spilled hot tea on about two months ago. I don't like to talk about it.

Anyways, I want Retina. After frequent trips to Best Buy and the local Apple Store, I've decided I'd regret anything but the rapturous beauty that is the Retina Display. I've considered waiting for the Haswell update. BUT, I am on a sub $1,600 budget and I need the computer before grad school starts in late August. I've considered a 13", but I think I would miss the 15" display.

Here's my question: Right now Apple Store online has a refurbished rMPB 15" June 2012 model quad core i7 256GB SSD for $1,599. I am leaning towards biting the bullet and ordering. But, I'm wondering if you all think the price of that machine would drop as the Haswell update draws nigh.

So, what do you think? Order now?

2. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I don't know if the price is going to drop after the haswell released
    But I'm pretty sure that rmbp $1599 will be gone before the haswell releases for sure!

My suggestion is to order it now. I just order the refurbished rmbp $2019 2 days ago

3. Bear macrumors G3

You never know when a particular configuration will be available on the Refrub store, so if you want it, you should buy it.