Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bg30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
I was wondering if now would be good time to get any of the 15" rMBP or wait for the new one to come out, which from reading is not till Q4.
Thanks for help

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If you need a new laptop now, now would be a good time. If you can wait then I'd suggest waiting.

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
If you need a new laptop now, now would be a good time. If you can wait then I'd suggest waiting.

Been rockin a refurb 15" (Oct 2013) for a few weeks now. Sweet machine. I can't imagine a faster laptop.

Why wait?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Why wait?

Well, I guess I should have worded that differently. I was basically saying if the OP needs a computer now, they should buy now.

I guess my suggestion to wait is simply based on the fact that the MacRumors Buyers guide says that the current rMBP is near the end of the cycle.

Regardless, rMBPs are great machines and refurbs are a great deal. I just wish the MBA config I wanted was in stock right now!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was wondering if now would be good time to get any of the 15" rMBP or wait for the new one to come out, which from reading is not till Q4.
Thanks for help

I am guessing Q4 as well. Though, we may be wrong and it will only get a slight processor refresh since Intel has not released Broadwell yet.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thanks for help

If you need to get one now or in the near future, then take the plunge. Broadwell isn't due out until Christmas season as noted by Intel. Apple in the past has waited months after the release of a chipset, so if they do wait, you're talking 2015.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.